Expert Panel on Child, Adolescent & Family
The Expert Panel on Child, Adolescent & Family provides leadership in the development of policy and research agendas on issues confronting children and adolescent health in order to share data more efficiently among the pediatrics community.
Inaugural Year: 1997
Julia Snethen, PhD, RN, FAAN
Professor and PhD Program Director
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Eileen Fry-Bowers, PhD, JD, RN, CPNP-PC, FAAN
University of San Deigo
Board Liaison: Karen Drenkard
Staff Liaison: Sonya Desai
Previous Chairs: Kathy Sawin (2018-2019), Cindy Greenberg (2017-2018), Linda Lewandowski (2016-2017), Veronica Feeg (2001)
Members of the Child, Adolescent & Family Expert Panel developed a list of Outcome Indicators of Nursing Excellence with families, along with questions that families can ask themselves related to each indicator. These indicators were subsequently developed into a book, Craft-Rosenberg, M. and Krajicek, M.J. (Eds) (2006). Nursing Excellence for Children & Families. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, Inc.
- Policy Brief: Preventing adverse health outcomes among children and adolescents by addressing screen media practices concomitant to sleep disturbance (July-August 2019)
- Policy Brief: Pregnant and Parenting Women with a Substance Use Disorder: Actions and Policy for Enduring Therapeutic Practice (March-April 2019)
- Policy Brief: Building mental health and caring for vulnerable children: Increasing prevention, access, and equity (November-December 2018)
- Policy Brief: The American Academy of Nursing on policy proposed healthcare policy changes threaten women’s health (November-December 2018)
- Policy Brief: Protecting vulnerable LGBTQ youth and advocating for ethical health care (September-October 2018)
- Policy Brief: American Academy of Nursing on policy: Reducing preterm births in the United States: Maternal infant health, child, adolescent and family, and women’s health expert panels (September-October 2018)
- Position statement: Policies to support family caregivers (May-June 2018)
- Policy Brief: An effective human papillomavirus vaccination policy will reduce infection- and malignancy-related morbidity and mortality (May-June 2018)
- Policy Brief: The vital role of school nurses in ensuring the health of our nation’s youth (January 2018)
- Betz, Cowell, Faulkner, Feeg, Greenberg, Krajicek, Lipman, Lobo, Nehring, Craft-Rosenberg, Vessey. Advancing the development of the guidelines for the nursing of children, adolescents and families: 2014 revision: Process, development and dissemination. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, May-June, 2016, 30 284-288.
- Working with the Global Nursing & Health Expert Panel, Policy Brief: Support for humanitarian aid to refugee children. (January 2016)
- Endorsed the Health Care Quality & Outcomes Guidelines (2nd Edition) (February 2015)
- Vessey, J. A., & Turner-Henson, A. (2010). Back to the future: H1N1 and public health. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 25, 1-2.
Return to Expert Panel List