Thursday, October 15
- Opening Keynote: A Culture of Health
- Plenary Panel: From Fee-for-Service to Bundled Payment
- Excellence in Writing in Nursing Outlook Awards
- Living Legends Ceremony
Living Legend Sponsor Videos
Diane Billings, EdD, RN, FAAN
Marylin Dodd, PhD, RN, FAAN
Fannie Gaston-Johansson, PhD, RN, FAAN
Marie Manthey, MNA, PhD(hon), FRCN, FAAN
Afaf Meleis, PhD, DRps(hon), FAAN
Friday, October 16
- Plenary Panel: Future Issues on the Healthcare Horizon
- Plenary Panel: Nursing Leadership in Health Policy
Saturday, October 17
- Academy Business Meeting
- Closing Keynote: A National Perspective on Health Policy
- 2015 Induction Ceremony
- Download the "2015 Academy E-Posters" app on your mobile device to view the e-posters presented at the policy conference.
- Click here for step-by-step guide to using the app.
The American Academy of Nursing annual policy conference will identify ways nurses are transforming health and building a better care delivery system. This three day conference will showcase the extraordinary work nurses are undertaking to drive policy changes that meet the health needs of individuals and populations. Transforming Health, Driving Policy highlights nursing initiatives that are transforming health, leading change, and influencing policy and ultimately improving the nation’s health.
- Examine opportunities for nurse leadership and their impact on policy that influences implementation of healthcare reform and addresses factors affecting the health of populations.
- Analyze cross-disciplinary efforts involving nurse leadership to develop and implement health policy within a variety of organizations.
- Incorporate healthy behavior into the meeting lifestyle.