The American Academy of Nursing is an organization of distinguished leaders in nursing who have been recognized for their outstanding contributions to the profession and to health care. The Academy, established in 1973, provides visionary leadership to the nursing profession and the public in shaping future health policy, advancing scientific knowledge, and influencing the development of effective health care policies and practices. Academy Fellows are recognized nationally and internationally as nursing leaders in education, management, practice and research.
Employment Postings, External Events, and FAAN Mail Advertisements
The Academy accepts employment advertisements and external event announcements from both fellows and the public. Prior to publication, all advertisements will be reviewed and approved by the Academy staff for appropriateness of content and follows the specifications outlined below. Advertisements should align with the Academy's mission. After receipt of purchase is received, the advertisement will be posted online within five business days or in the appropriate e-newsletter. Job postings should be submitted with reference to the order number in Word or text format to the Academy.
Academy Site Advertisement Specifications:
- Should be 500 or fewer total words in length.
- Includes relevant contact information and submission deadlines.
- Optional: May include one relevant photo or logo.
- Advertisements will be posted with five business days, unless requested to delay posting.
FAAN Mail Advertisement Specifications:
FAAN Mail Schedule
- Should be 500 or fewer characters (including spaces) in length.
- Final advertisement is due two business days prior to the publication date.
- Advertisements will appear as a headline in the career opportunities or announcements section of FAAN Mail that links to your full announcement or ad. Please review past issues.
- FAAN Mail is sent to approximately 2,000 Fellows.
- Advertisements will appear in the next available edition of FAAN Mail, unless requested to post in a later edition.
||FAAN Mail is typically sent out on the 15th and last day of each month; unless it falls on a weekend or holiday, then the mid-month edition will be sent the next available business day and the end-of-month editions are sent the prior business day.
|2014 FAAN Mail Schedule
Advertisement Pricing Options:
Please note we've simplified and added more options to promote your advertisement!
|Academy Website Only
||Longer posting means more
candidates will see your ad.
||$500 (Save $100)
||$600 (Save $300)
|FAAN Mail Only
||$800 (Save $200)
The Academy's preferred method of payment is by check. A convenience fee is assessed for payment by other means. Please note, advertisements will not be posted until the check has been received. The Academy accepts VISA, MasterCard, and Discover; at this time, the Academy does not accept American Express.
Let us know.
Mailing List Instructions
Currently, 1,335 fellows have chosen to be included in our mailing list. This mailing list is updated twice a year, in May & November.
The mailing list uses the preferred mailing address of the fellow, which may be either a business or a home address. We do NOT provide e-mail addresses.
Mailing List Specifications:
- Please forward the document you will be mailing by e-mail (please reference the order number found on your receipt) to jocelyn_cunic@AANnet.org. The Academy will review and approve a sample of all mailing pieces prior to providing the mailing list.
- The Academy mailing list is sent as an Excel spreadsheet.
- The Academy mailing list is to be used one time only.
- The Academy mailing list is to be used apolitically, in good taste, and not for the solicitation of funds.
- The Academy mailing list is sent within two weeks of receipt of the order.
- Any Academy mailing list order may be cancelled and fully refunded provided the request to cancel is sent PRIOR to the emailing of the full list. Please e-mail the request to cancel to info@AANnet.org.
- Academy mailing list orders must be prepaid.
Mailing List Price:
Please contact Jocelyn Cunic.