2021 - 2024 Strategic Plan*
*To be enacted January 1, 2021
Printer Friendly PDF
Healthy lives for all people.
Improve health and achieve health equity by impacting policy through nursing leadership, innovation, and science.
• Equity, Diversity, Inclusivity
STRATEGIC GOALS 2017 - 2020
Influence policy that achieves health equity, promotes wellness, eliminates racism, and improves health care delivery.
- Disseminate, through collaborative partnerships with key policy stakeholders, nursing knowledge that will inform sound and sustainable transformation addressing wellness, health promotion, behavioral health, and serious illness.
- Curate current content across health and health care sectors to inform policy decisions affecting the national and global health of individuals and populations.
- Promote and advance Academy thought leadership in policymaking to eliminate systemic racism that contributes to health inequity.
Integrate nursing science into health, wellness, and social justice decisions.
- Grow the Council for the Advancement of Nursing Science to include nurse researchers at every stage of their career.
- Amplify the voice of nursing science in national and global conversations setting the direction of health and health care research priorities.
- Champion increased and sustained investment in research conducted by nurse scientists.
Disseminate nurse-driven innovation to reduce inequities and improve health.
- Enhance the visibility of Edge Runner models to reduce cost, increase access to care, and transform policy.
- Guide emerging nurse-led models toward replication and scalability.
- Convene dialogues to generate creative and collaborative solutions to complex challenges in health and health care.
Position nurse leaders to advance local and global change.
- Strengthen the Institute for Nursing Leadership’s support for nurses to meaningfully exercise their power at every stage of their career.
- Bolster the growth of authentic leadership among nurse leaders.
- Leverage opportunities to raise diverse perspectives that elevate nursing and the Academy’s inclusivity.
- Develop thought-provoking innovative programming to amplify the contributions and collaboration of Academy Fellows.