Expert Panel on Child, Adolescent & Family
The Expert Panel on Child, Adolescent & Family provides leadership in the development of policy and research agendas on issues confronting children and adolescent health in order to share data more efficiently among the pediatrics community.
Inaugural Year: 1997
Cindy Greenberg, DNSc, RN, CPNP-PC, FAAN
Associate Dean, College of Health & Human Development
California State University, Fullerton
Kathleen Sawin, PhD, CPNP-PC, FAAN
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee & Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Board Liaison: Ellen Olshansky, PhD, RN, WHNP-BC, FAAN
Previous Chairs: Linda Lewandowski (2016-2017), Veronica Feeg (2001)
Contact Academy Staff
- Policy Brief: The vital role of school nurses in ensuring the health of our nation’s youth, Nursing Outlook 66 (January 2018) 94-96.
- Betz, Cowell, Faulkner, Feeg, Greenberg, Krajicek, Lipman, Lobo, Nehring, Craft-Rosenberg, Vessey. Advancing the development of the guidelines for the nursing of children, adolescents and families: 2014 revision: Process, development and dissemination. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, May-June, 2016, 30 284-288.
- Working with the Global Nursing & Health Expert Panel, Policy Brief: Support for humanitarian aid to refugee children. Nursing Outlook 64 (January 2016) 94–97.
- Endorsed the Health Care Quality & Outcomes Guidelines (2nd Edition) (February 2015)
- Vessey, J. A., & Turner-Henson, A. (2010). Back to the future: H1N1 and public health. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 25, 1-2.
Members of the Child, Adolescent & Family Expert Panel developed a list of Outcome Indicators of Nursing Excellence with families, along with questions that families can ask themselves related to each indicator. These indicators were subsequently developed into a book, Craft-Rosenberg, M. and Krajicek, M.J. (Eds) (2006). Nursing Excellence for Children & Families. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, Inc.
Return to Expert Panel List