2017 Nomination Process
The American Academy of Nursing will be seeking nominations for the following volunteer leadership positions:
President-Elect (1 to be elected; 2 year term)
Treasurer (1 to be elected; 2 year term)
Board Members (3 to be elected; 2 year term)
Ethics Committee (2 to be elected; 2 year term)
Fellow Selection Committee (3 to be elected; 3 year term)
Nominating Committee (3 to be elected; 2 year term)
Click here for leadership position descriptions
Click here to submit a self-nomination form
Click here to nominate a Fellow
- Current Academy Fellows may self-nominate or nominate Fellows in good standing to be considered for the ballot.
- Nominations must be submitted by April 14, 2017 online in order to be considered by the committee for a leadership position.
- Those Fellows that have self nominated or have been nominated by another Fellow will be asked to complete a Nominee Questionnaire Form which will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee in order to compose the 2017 slate of candidates. The Nominee Questionnaire is due by April 14, 2017.
- Not all nominees will be slated for the ballot.
- Nominees will be notified regarding if they have been slated or not by late May.
- The 2017 Election Ballot is scheduled to be sent to Fellows in good standing in late June.
It is important that the nominee have regular access to email as a good deal of communication is done electronically.
If you have questions, please contact Kaylen Hickman, Member Engagement Manager, via email Kaylen_Hickman@AANnet.org
or via phone (202) 777-1176.