The American Academy of Nursing’s 39th Annual Meeting and Conference will identify ways nurses are transforming health care and building a better care delivery system. This three day conference will showcase the extraordinary work nurses are undertaking to drive policy changes that meet the health care needs of individuals and populations. This year’s theme Transforming Health Care: Driving Policy was specifically selected to highlight nursing initiatives that are transforming healthcare, leading change, and influencing policy and ultimately improving the nation’s health.
Conference objectives include:
- Profile nursing initiatives that are transforming health care and shaping policy
- Generate strategies to impact local, regional, and national health care policy agendas
- Forecast research and innovation for transforming health care to set policy
2012 Pre-Conference: Growing Global: Policy & Research Directions for Building Nursing Capacity
October 11, 2012 8am - 1pm
Continuing the tradition of engaging the Academy’s Expert Panels in the planning process, the Global Health and Emerging and Infectious Diseases Expert Panels are pleased to offer this year’s pre-conference Growing Global: Policy & Research Directions for Building Nursing Capacity. The purpose of this pre-conference is to analyze emerging and re-emerging global health issues including chronic disease, emerging and re-emerging infections.
The pre-conference objectives include:
- Analyze global responses to emerging and re-emerging infections
- Explore the impact of global chronic diseases
- Examine the social & economic policy issues related to global health
- Identify and establish a policy and research action plan directed to nurse-led solutions to global infectious and chronic disease
NEW FOR 2012
- Policy Dialogues (PD) are being developed by Expert Panels for discussion of relevant policy issues among the Fellows. Identified during each PD, is what role or next steps the Academy should take to address each issue.
- Expanded e-poster viewing – to include 2012 CANS State of the Science, Pre-Conference and Annual Meeting posters. Poster abstracts for either or both meetings will be accepted until June 1, 2012. Please visit http://aan2012.eabstractsubmission.com/ to submit today.
- Expanded exhibit hall – including increased vendors and “take one” tables for those who can not come but want a presence at the conference.